Create a Twitter account so you'll be ready by chat time. Here's a great resource to help you get started.
Tip for Chats
- Always include the chat hashtag in your responses. (in our case: #schsdsl)
- At chat time, search for the chat's hashtag (#schsdsl) to limit your feed to only tweets that contain it.
- Give your Twitter followers a heads-up before you join a Twitter chat - something like a high volume warning due to the chat you'll be participating in.
- Reply directly for targeted conversations with one or two people.
- It’s fine to drop in and out of a Twitter chat. There's no obligation. That's the beauty of it!
- Don’t be afraid to contribute. It's the only way this whole chat thing works. Join the conversation by responding to questions, favoriting tweets you want to save, retweeting responses you like, and following new people.
- When answering a specific question or comment from another participant, use Twitter handles to identify who you’re speaking to in order to avoid confusion.
- Once you're comfortable with Twitter, use a tool like Tweetdeck to help you organize your streams.
- Be polite and productive.
- Visit the archives on the SD State Library site.